Friday 22 July 2011

Vietnam 15mm Miniatures

During my visit to Salute 2010 last year, I treated myself to some Battlefront Flames of War Vietnam 15mm Miniatures. Cost me the good side of £140. Finally I have dug them out of the carrier bag I brought them home in and opened the packets. well only 2 packets. A set of American Marines and a Set of PAVN Troopers.

Normally I play Sci-fi or fantasy wargames and rpg's. But lately I have got really into the Vietnam and World war II movies. Not really sure where to start I looked into the new flames of war rules, for Vietnam. But .. TISK TISK! I had to base my marines 4 to a base! That's was just not on.. I wanted them based individually. After all they are not 6mm!

So this gave me the avid task of hunting for a set of rules that would suit my individual needs. Surely I could have just based my troops and the placed them on a movement tray to use in Flames of War, but i needed something more satisfying then this.

That is when I found Ospreys, or should I say Ambush Alley Games, Force on Force set of rules. A meaty set as well. Although it concentrates on more modern era, they do have a scenario inside for Vietnam. Which I have gladly used to get a set of stats for my little metal marines. The trial game I set out to play with a friend of mine, went well.. Although we played it wrong. But still it was enjoyable, which led me to the current project... Painting the minis for a campaign.

After discussing the idea of using the Force on Force set of rules for a Vietnam campaign, my colleague was more then happy to take part. Which meant I needed some painted miniatures for the occasion. So below you can see the first set of American 7th Cavalry, painted by myself. The miniatures are Battlefronts Vietnam 15mm miniatures.





Well that is that for now.. hopefully in a few weeks i can get the PAVN minis finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment